It is a rainy day here in St. John’s! I spent a couple of hours gardening (why in the rain is beyond me) while wearing a not so flattering raincoat, but hey at least I was happy and dry!
Once the gardening was finished, I decided to do some baking and knew exactly what I was going to whip up!
When I think of summer one of the first things that come to mind is roasting marshmallows outdoors by a fire. Since it is pouring rain today, having a fire outside is probably not going to happen. So, I decided to make some homemade tasty brownies with added marshmallows to get my fix!
Here is the recipe if you are interested in giving them a try!
Rainy Day Marshmallow Brownies
Prep 25 min Bake 25-30 min Ready in 1 hr
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips + extra for topping if desired
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flower
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Desired amount of mini marshmallows for topping (I used one small package)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease an 8×8 pan.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, butter, and water. Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips until melted and smooth.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the chocolate mixture. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 mins until brownies set up. Make sure not to overbake!
- Remove brownies from oven and cover top with the desired amount of mini marshmallows and add chocolate chips if desired.
- Broil in oven until tops of marshmallows turn brown (this happens very quickly so keep an eye on them!)
- Remove from oven, let cool and cut into squares.
I hope you enjoy these tasty treats!
Until Next Time,